Dr Ahmed Mechraoui
Ahmed Mechraoui is an associate professor of Electrical and Electronics engineering. He graduated in 1976 with a B.Sc-Honour. in Electrical Engineering, from Salford University, UK. He joined in September 1976, Nottingham University, UK to study for a Master degree. He obtained a Master degree in Electric Power and Control Engineering, in 1978. Then He worked as Project Engineer in an international company “ Bechtel-inc”- the USA for 5 years, He was involved in the design of Electric power and control systems for LPG pumping stations and cathodic protection of 24” LPG pipeline.
In 1983, he joined the High Education Ministry in Algeria, where he was appointed as a Senior Lecturer and Director of a High School-ENSET, then Rector of Amar Telidji University Center in Laghouat province in Algeria. In 1996, He was awarded a Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Nottingham University UK. In addition to teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses, he took several administrative positions (Director of ENSET then Rector of University Center in Algeria, Chairman of Electrical Engineering in KSA, Chairman of Electronic Engineering in KSA, Medina College of Engineering.
He also chaired several college committees at UPM. He joined AL BAYANA Colleges as an academic consultant in 2013. In 2016 He was appointed Head of the Electrical Engineering Department.
His research interests are electrical power engineering, power system protection, control engineering, PLC and Power Electronics and solar energy.
- Responsible for the setting up of new departments and colleges at University of Prince Murgin Colleges. Revising different department ‘s curricula. Defining freshman year laboratory equipment’s.
- Support college’s dean in many decisive planning actions in the opening of new departments and new majors, Active member of many committees.
- My key skills and achievements are to start new departments and colleges. Define equipment needs for different laboratories.
- Assist in the design of the Electrical Engineering program in the College of Engineering.
- Simulation and design of electronic PCB using Circuit Wizard software.
- Simulation and design of electronic PCB using Proteus software.
- Simulation and design of electronic PCB using Circuit Maker software.
- Simulation and design of electronic PCB using Multisim software.
- Design of electronic PCB using Eagles software.
- Programming an EPROM using Dataman programmer.
- Flow code programing of a Micro-controllers.
- Arduino Uno Programming platforms.
- Simulation tools using Simulink and MATLAB in Power Electronics courses.
- Introduction to EMTP/ATP package to simulated Power system systems stability and faults.
- Power world Simulation software.
- Etap simulation software
- Member of Electrical Engineering TVTC Curriculum Committee
- Member of Electronic Engineering TVTC Curriculum Committee.
- UPM, KSA: Electrical Engineering Program Manager,
- Member of the College’s Academic Committee Council at the MAU. Medina KSA
- Member of the College Committee Council- MCT-Medina. KSA
- Head of Electronic Technology Department.
- MCT Solar Energy Project coordinator.
- Twining Project coordinator between Medina college and three British Colleges.
- Electronic Technology Supervisor of Medina Technical and Vocational Council.
- Member of College Quality control committee.
- Member of Electronic TVTC Curriculum Committee.
- Head of Electrical Technology Department.
- Member of Electrical TVTC Curriculum Committee.
- Deputy Head of Electrical Technology Department.
- Member of the TVTC Scientific Council..
- Sept. 2014 to Present, University of Prince Mugrin- UPM Former Al Bayan Colleges. Medina, KSA.
- Head of Department and Associate Professor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering :Sept. 1998 to July 2013 Medina College of Technology –MCT- KSA
- Head of Department (Electrical and then Electronics) and Associate Professor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Jan. 1994 to June 1998. Nottingham University, United Kingdom.
- Senior Lecturer and Researcher.
Jan.1983 to Jan. 1993. Algerian Ministry of High Education. Algeria.
- Assistant Professor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Director of ENSET then Rector of Amar Telidji University Center ( 5 colleges ) at Laghouat Province- Algeria.
Awards / Achievement
RESEARCH more than 15 papers (Some Samples)
- A. Choucha, A. Hadjadj A.Mechraoui " Effect of Machine Modelling on Small Signal Stability of Power System " presented at the International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Algeria (ICEEE 2012 ).
- A.Mechraoui, S.AL Harbi, S. AL-Hammadi " Building Automation System - (BAS) in Vocational Training Corporation Curriculums. “presented at the International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Algeria (ICEEE 2012 ).
- A.Mechraoui, M. AL- Zahrani and Choucha "Current Transformer Performance and Suitability using Software Tools" accepted and presented and to the International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Algeria (ICEEE 2004), pp323,328
- A.Mechraoui a. Draou, A.Tahri "Advanced Static Var Compensator Modelling Using Decoupling Methods " accepted and presented to the second Saudi Technical Conference and Exhibition. Oct. 2002, pp96-100.KSA
- A.Mechraoui, D.W P Thomas, ' A New Digital Distance scheme which can operate during fast power swings ' accepted and presented to I.E.E sixth international Conference on developments in system Protection at University of Nottingham, 25-27 March 1997, UK.
- A.Mechraoui, D.W P Thomas, ' A New Distance scheme which can operate during detection during fast power swing for distance protection', accepted by I.E.E, E, 28/1096 for the winter Conference /Meeting February 1997- USA .
- A.Mechraoui, D.W P Thomas ' A new digital principle for High Resistance Earth Fault detection during fast power swing for distance Protection ' I.E.E.E Transaction on power delivery, Vo1 10, No. July 95, pp 1242-1248.USA.
- A.Mechraoui, D.W P Thomas, ' New Blocking Principle to Overcome Deficiencies of the conventional power Swing blocking Schemes for Distance Protection' I.E.E, Procd, pp216-219, Sept. 1994. UK
- A. Mechraoui, D.W P Thomas, " The influence of power Swing on Transmission Line Distance protection, Measurement of Power and voltage Phasor Oscillations at the relaying point", U.P.E.C Proceeding, pp 585-588, Sept. 1993.UK.