About Architectural Engineering
Architectural Engineering Department at the University of Prince Mugrin targets preparing students for jobs in engineering and construction fields. This combination is unique and significant because it trains students to function effectively as professional members of an integrated engineering community. Architectural engineering combines the disciplines of architecture and engineering at the same time. Students are expected to gain a strong base in structural, mechanical, electrical, and construction engineering, as well as the architectural design component of the building. Graduates of Architectural Engineering program are expected to obtain the necessary licensure and work in one or more of the architectural engineering disciplines within the first few years after graduation.
Our mission is to offer quality education based on art, humanistic and engineering sciences; and to advance students’ critical thinking, use of technology, and concerns for community, environment, and sustainability in order to produce qualified graduates with research and leadership skills. The Department of Architectural Engineering has adopted the ABET Outcomes as its Program Outcomes. These are that our graduates be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions for architectural engineering facilities/infrastructures that meet specified needs using realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability (constructability), and sustainability.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences through preparing professional written materials and graphical illustrations and delivering professional oral and written presentations.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities involved in construction and architectural engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.