AbdulRahman William Congreve
My name is AbdulRahman William Congreve. I am currently employed as an English language lecturer at the University of Prince Mugrin. I’ve worked in the ESL/EFL field since 1998. My goal as a teacher is to encourage students to think creatively and to become mature professionals. I understand the value of sincerity, academic honesty and integrity and strive to inculcate this in my students. I’ve been a professional editor and University composition instructor for over 15 years. I believe in the value of the natural environment and that we must all work toward the sustainability of it. I love to read and, during vacation time, to work on dwelling house restoration in the USA.
I earned a BS in Science Technology and Society, Environmental Studies from NJIT in Newark, NJ in 1996.
I also earned an MA in English, with specialization in ESL from the University of Toledo, in 2002.
Lecturer, The University of Prince Mugrin. Madinah, Saudi Arabia 2018
- English instructor – Taught reading and writing at the American Language Institute at the University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio. (9/2017 to 9/2018)
- Composition lecturer –– Taught ENGL-101, ENGL-102, and ENGL-214 at KFUPM – English Language Department Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. From 9/2004 to 6/2017
- English teacher – taught English in the Preparatory Year Program at KFUPM in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. (9/2002 to 9/2004)
- English instructor–– Taught all English skills at the University of Toledo. (9/2000 to 5/2002)
- Writing instructor—Taught ENGL 1110 and ENGL 1020 to native and non-native English speakers.
Awards / Achievement
- Congreve, AbdulRahman. “Linguistic Attitudes of Students Towards Arabic and English.” Teaching English in Saudi Arabia Seminar, Al-Yamamah College, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, May 2005.
- Congreve, AbdulRahman. “The Effect of Real-world Knowledge on Understanding Persuasive Language.” Linguistics and the Real World, LACUS, 1 August 2002, Toledo, OH.