Dr Ahmad J. ShowailDean, College of Computing and Information Technology, University of Prince Mugrin, Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Computer Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Vice Dean, College of Computer Science and Engineering, Taibah University, Madinah, Saudi Arabia, 2017.
- Head of technology incubators, Presidency of business and innovation of knowledge, Taibah University, Madinah, Saudi Arabia, 2016.
- Assistant Professor, Computer engineering department,Taibah University, Madinah, Saudi Arabia, 2016.
- Research Assistant, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, 2011-2016.
- Instructor, Yanbu University College, Yanbu, Saudi Arabia, 2009-2015.
- Summer Intern, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA, 2011.
- Summer Intern, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK, 2010.
- Control System Engineer, College of Computer Science and Engineering, Taibah University, Madinah, Saudi Arabia, 2017.
- Summer Intern, Saudi ARAMCO, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 2004.
Awards / Achievement
- Academic Excellence Award (top 5%), KAUST, 2014-15.
- Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu Academic Excellence Certificate, 2013.
- Statement of Accomplishment, computer networks online course, Stanford University, 2012.
- Certificate of Recognition, First Steam Milestone. YANSAB, 2008.
- Second honor, KFUPM, 2005.
- Certificate of Appreciation from College of Sciences, KFUPM, 2001.
- Ministry of Education academic achievement prize, Madina, 1996.
- Prince Abdul-Majeed Bin Abdulaziz Award for Academic Achievement, Madina, 1992.
- A. Showail, and B. Shihada, “Battling Latency in Modern Wireless Networks”, vol. 6, pp. 26131-26143, 2018. I. F. (3.557).
- A. Showail, K. Jamshaid, and B. Shihada, "Buffer sizing in wireless networks: challenges, solutions, and opportunities," in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 130-137, April 2016. I. F. (10.4).
- A. Daghistani, A. Ben Khalifa, A. Showail, and B. Shihada, “Green Partial Packet Recovery in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, SI: Green Network Protocols and Algorithms, Volume 58, December 2015, Pages 267-279, I. F. (2.229).
- A. Showail, A. Elrasad, A. Meer, A. Daghistani, K. Jamshaid, and B. Shihada, "iFrag: Interference-Aware Frame Fragmentation Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks", ACM Journal of Wireless Networks, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 1-18, 2014.
- K. Jamshaid, B. Shihada, A. Showail, and P. Levis, "Deflating Link Buffers in a Wireless Mesh Network", Journal of Wireless AdHoc Networks, Vol. 16, pp. 266-280, 2014. I. F. (1.957).
- L. Hasnawi and A. Showail, “Internet traffic characteristics in Saudi Arabia”, International Conference on Engineering Education and Research, 2017.
- A. Showail, “Online Marketplace for Islamic Tourism in Al-Madinah Al-Munawarah”, 5th International Conference on Islamic Applications in Computer Science and Technologies (IMAN), 2017.
- L. Hasnawi and A. Showail, “Uncovering Traffic Pattern in Saudi Arabia”, Plenary Talk, RIPE Meeting, 2017.
- M. Alaslani, A. Showail, and B. Shihada, “Green Frame Aggregation Scheme for Wi-Fi Networks”, IEEE International Conference on High-Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), 2015.
- N. Bouacida, A. Showail, and B. Shihada, “Buffer Management in Wireless Full-Duplex Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications. (WiMob), 2015.
- A. Showail, K. Jamshaid, and B. Shihada, An Empirical Evaluation of Bufferbloat in IEEE 802.11n Wireless Networks, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 2014.
- A. Showail, K. Jamshaid, and B. Shihada, "WQM: An Aggregation-aware Queue Management Scheme for IEEE 802.11n based Networks", ACM Sigcomm Capacity Sharing Workshop (CSWS), pp. 3088-3093, 2014.
- B. Shihada, and A. Showail. “Buffer sizing for multi-hop networks”, U.S. Patent No. 9276832, 2016.
- Proposed a novel algorithm to optimize buffer sizing in WiFi-based Wireless Mesh Networks that reduce latency by 8x compared to the default buffer size. Mentored several undergraduate/graduate students.
- Initiated “Smart belt”: a comprehensive Hajj solution using Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Participated in the design, engineering and construction phase of YANSAB petrochemical complex. I was involved in pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities for various types of machines e.g. air compressors, boilers, feed water pumps and incinerators.
- Designed an application to automate the handling of patients records.
- Designed and implemented a home automation application using X10 protocol that utilizes the existing power lines in signal communication. The application is designed by JAVA.
- Participated in design and testing of the complex-wide multilayer network. Responsible for the overall system security.