About the College of CSIT
College of Computer Science and Information Technology offers the Bachelor of Science degrees. It offers the following undergraduate disciplinary programs: Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Forensic Computing and Cyber Security. The faculty was founded in 2014, with the Department of Computer Science and Forensic Computing and Cyber Security are the center for research and education at the undergraduate level. Strong research groups exist in areas of smart home, smart city, foundations of computer science, intelligent systems, cloud security, big data, multimedia systems, serious games, to name a few. There is also a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary research and on applications that stimulate basic research.
In addition, both faculty members and students commonly work with investigators at nearby research or industrial institutions. The main educational goal is to prepare students for challenges they could face in the real world.
The mission of the College of Computer Science is to:
- Provide world-class quality academic programs in disciplines related to computer science, information technology, software engineering, and computer forensics and security.
- Meet the requirements of national development and the continuing needs of the industry for knowledgeable, creative, and skilled graduates to compete in the globalized economy.
- Prepare graduates who take the leading role in creating the stronger security environment in the Kingdom, and defend the information security systems.
- Serve the society, and play a leading role in transforming it into a knowledge society.
- Produce and support scientific research that contributes to the enrichment of knowledge and which achieves the development goals of the Kingdom.
- Provide an academic environment that encourages and supports quality production and excellence.