Dr Zahid Muhammad
Dr. Zahid is basically financial economist and econometrician. He has an outstanding academic background as he studied in top rating universities of the world and earned MSc and Ph.D. Economics degrees from the London School of Economics and the University of Birmingham, UK.
Dr. Zahid has made significant progress and valuable contribution to research, academic knowledge transfer, and teaching and learning during his academic career. He has been teaching courses at both undergraduate (BSc), postgraduate (Pre-MBA/MBA/MBA Executive) and Ph.D. levels, such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, managerial economics, financial econometrics with Eviews, and also other economics and finance related subjects.
In terms of research, Dr. Zahid has written a number of research papers that have been published or accepted for publication in refereed internationally rated journals and has also been working on many others. It seems that he has been able to successfully disseminate his research findings to a wider audience – an ability that very few academic scholars can do despite the heavy teaching workload.
He Supervised Ph.D. and Master (MSc/MBA) students at University of Birmingham, University of Abertay Dundee, Scotland and the University of IAU, Dammam.
- Ph.D Economics (Financial Economics), Birmingham University, UK
- M.Sc. Management, The London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- MPA (Master in Public Administration), Punjab University Lahore
- B.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics, and Statistic) Karachi University
- Assistant Professor in Economics, Department in Economics, Banking and Finance, IAU, Saudi Arabia, 2013 –2018
- Lecturer in Econometrics and Finance Department in Economics, Finance, and Accounting, University of Abertay, UK, 2010 – 2013
- Teaching Assistant, Department in Economics, University of Birmingham, UK, 2006 – 2010
- Assistant Professor, Department in Economics and Finance, Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi, July’06 – Sep’06
- Assistant Professor, Department of Administrative Sciences, Punjab University Lahore
Awards / Achievement
- Scholarship for PhD, Birmingham University (2006-2010).
- Saada Abba, Reza Kouhy, Zahid Muhammad, 2016. Price Discovery and Risk Transfer in the Brent Crude Oil Futures Market. International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives 5(1), 23-35.
- Muhammad, Z., 2015.Expected Utility and Portfolio Selection: An econometric study for Pakistan’s banking sector. American J. Finance and Accounting, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2015
- Saada Abba Abdullahi, Zahid Muhammad, and Reza Kouhy., 2014: Modelling Long Memory in Volatility of Oil Futures Returns. The Macrotheme Review 3(8), Fall 2014.
- Abdullahi, S.A., Kouhy, R., and Muhammad, Z., 2014. Trading Volume and Return Relationship in the Crude Oil Futures Markets. Studies in Economics and Finance 31(4).
- Muhammad, Z., Suleiman, S. and Kouhy, R., 2012. Exploring oil price-exchange rate nexus for Nigeria. OPEC Energy Review 36(4), 383-395.
- Muhammad, Z., Ahmed, I., Rafi, W, The Portfolio Behavior of Saudi Bank.
- Ford, J.L. and Muhammad, Z., Safety First and Portfolio Selection: An econometric study for Pakistan’s banking sector. RePEc-Department of Economics Discussion Paper, University of Birmingham, 10-18. https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/business/departments/economics/research/discussion-papers/2010-discussion-papers.aspx
- Ford, J.L. and Muhammad, Z., Monetary Transmission Mechanisms and Identified Long-Run Relationships between the Banking Sector's Balance Sheet and the Macroeconomy in Pakistan. RePEc-Department of Economics Discussion Paper, University of Birmingham, 10-21. https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/business/departments/economics/research/discussion-papers/2010-discussion-papers.aspx
- Muhammad, Z., Suleiman, S. and Kouhy, R., 2012. Exploring oil price-exchange rate nexus for Nigeria. FIW Working Paper N° 71 https://econpapers.repec.org/paper/wsrwpaper/y_3a2011_3ai_3a071.htm
- Suleiman, S., Muhammad, Z., and Kouhy, R., The real exchange rate of an oil exporting economy: Empirical evidence from Nigeria. FIW Working Paper N° 72. https://econpapers.repec.org/paper/wsrwpaper/y_3a2011_3ai_3a072.htm
- Suleiman, S., Muhammad, Z., and Kouhy, R. Modeling the dynamic correlation relationship between the Nigerian Stock Market and crude oil prices.
- Abdullahi, S.A., Muhammad, Z., and Kouhy, R. Efficiency of the Oil Futures Markets: Evidence from the Single and Multi-market analysis.
- “The Role of Entrepreneurship in Saudi Economic Growth", College of Business Administration, Imam AbdulRahman Bin Faisal University: grant 20000 SAR
- "Portfolio Behavior of Saudi Commercial Banks: An Econometrics Study", Ministry of Higher Education Saudi Arab.Ministry of Higher Education Saudi Arab: grant £14,000, 2013-2014.